WANTED: High School Students!
- Students entering their Junior or Senior year in high school in Fall 2017
- Inquisitive learners with strong math and science aptitude
- Four day, summer camp utilizing hands-on learning principles of materials engineering.
- A unique science experience under the direction of a industry and education based “Materials Mentors”.
- Combination of mini-demonstrations, field trips with extensive involvement in laboratory facilities to actively explore materials science & engineering principles.
- University of Minnesota - Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science (CEMS)
- June (to be determined), 2017
- Students receive FREE meals, tuition, knowledge and entertainment
- This a commuter camp. Students must arrange their own transportation to the U of M each day.
How to apply:
- Applications are made via an online form and are due by March 31
- Each application will also require a one teacher endorsement
- Teacher endorsement forms to be complete online
- Click here for more information
How are students chosen:
- This is a competitive application process.
- Students must have basic knowledge of algebra, chemistry, and physics and describe why they want to learn more about engineering and materials science.
- Students entering their Senior year will be given a higher priority in the selection process.
- Experienced practicing engineers will review each application to select the winners
- Students must have a strong interest in applied science
- Selections will be announced about April 15